Thursday, August 20, 2015

My day and night skincare routine

Hello everyone!

Welcome back to my humble blog.

In this entry, I will tell all of you about my skin type and my skincare routine. Firstly, my skin is the combination type of skin but it is kind of more to the oily type of skin and my skin is also an acne prone skin.. Which means sometimes my skin can get dry and flaky at the tip of my nose but almost all the time, oily on my T-zone and all over my face. But it is super sensitive! If I use anything that is not suitable on my skin, my skin will start breaking out. So usually I will choose a skincare product that is suitable for my skin type. It is very frustrating when I wear makeup and my foundation are not applied flawlessly because of the dryness on my nose tip. So, it is crucial for me to moisturize my face everyday. Some people says that people with oily skin should not moisturize but they are actually making a mistake.


To me, I think that I have a very simple skincare routine. Usually I will not buy a product if the product contain harmful chemicals that can damage my skin in a long term. Before this, during my high school years, I don't really care about the product that I used as long as it is easy to get at the shops near my house and as long as it clears my skin from oily as I have an oily skin. But now I am in the university, I started to realise that I can't just simply use any kind of product to my skin. So I started doing some research on the internet and I found I should not be buying products that contain any type of parabens, sodium lauryl sulphate (SLS), perfume and alcohol. But if the alcohol is just in the tiniest amount, it can be used.

DAY!

Okay, now lets start with cleansing my face in the morning. There are a lot of facial cleansers out there but be careful of the ingredients. Usually when I am in the shower, I will cleanse my face using my gentle facial cleanser. which is the Garden of Eden Rosa T Mild Cleanser for oily and acne prone skin. This cleanser is formulated with Witch Hazel (Hamamelis virginiana) which gives the skin a mild astringent effect that helps minimise pores and keeps skin clean and fresh. It also contains aloe vera which is very moisturizing and doesn't cause skin dryness even after a heavy wash. The bright side of this facial cleanser is that it contains no paraben, SLS, animal ingredients, colouring and alcohol.

After I cleanse my face, I will pat dry my face with facial tissues or facial towel. Never mix your facial towel with your bath towel as it contains more bacteria. Wash your facial towel often to avoid any bacteria that can cause your face to breakout.

Then, I use a toner which is also from Garden of Eden, the Soothing Toner for all skin types which contains Witch Hazel to purify skin, Aloe Vera with Allantoin hydrates skin making it soft and smooth, Grape Seed and Ginkgo Biloba extracts which protects our skin. This toner also contain no paraben, SLS, animal ingredients, colouring and alcohol.



After toning my face, I will moisturize my face. I have three different moisturizers that I am currently using on my face. My ultimate favourite is the Nature Republic Soothing and Moisture Aloe Vera 92% Soothing Gel (I know. The name is quite long). I bought this at the Nature Republic outlet at Mahkota Parade, Melaka for RM36 if I am not mistaken. I really love this one for my morning skincare routine because it can be used all over my body and not only my face. It is also very good for oily skin as it doesn't make my face look oily and it dries out quite fast.. So it is my go-to product whenever I am in a hurry. But the packaging is so big and bulky because there are 300ml of products in it. I don't know when will I finish it because it is so big.




So thats all for my morning skincare routine.

NIGHT!

My night skincare routine consist of removing my makeup using The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter, cleansing my face again just like I do in my day skincare routine, scrubbing my face to get rid of any impurities, toning my face and moisturizing. I use the St. Ives Blackhead Clearing Green Tea Scrub. This scrub gently exfoliates my skin and didn't scratch my face like the usual scrub that I bought before this. So I think I will use this like forever! And I still use the Garden of Eden's Soothing Toner to tone my face at night.

But when it comes to moisturizing, I use a bit more powerful moisturizing stuff for my face. I use either the NOW Solutions 100% Pure & Certified Organic Argan Oil or the Catalyst pure Virgin Coconut Oil (VCO). I bought the argan oil for RM90 if I am not mistaken and the virgin coconut oil for RM30. Argan oil is very good for our skin and it has been called the Gold of Morocco. Argan oil has been proven to reduce sebum levels in individuals with oily skin, like me! I will place a drop or two of the argan oil to the palm of my hand and rub it together to heat it up a little bit to make sure it absorbs well into my skin and in patting motion, I pat it onto my face and lightly massage it onto my skin so it absorbs well. What I love about argan oil is that it absorbs quickly and don't left me with a very greasy feeling.



If I am not using the argan oil, I will use the virgin coconut oil on my face. What I love about it, is that I can eat it! It is certified as a supplement and is 100% natural. Each time I use this, when I wake up in the morning, my face feels so moisturized. In addition, it can also be used as a makeup remover and I put it on my lips every single day then when I brush my teeth in the morning, I will use the toothbrush to gently exfoliate my lips so that the lipstick that I use will stay better. It is a great all over oil that you can use it for your face, hair and your whole body.






So, that's all for my day and night skincare routine!
Hope you enjoy this entry :)

7 comments:

  1. assalamualaikum .. nak tanya .. yg toner eden tu bila pakai memang muka rasa panas ke ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saya pun rasa panas. Is it a normal reaction to feel the burning sensation after using the toner? Ke panas sbb active ingredient?

      Delete
  2. Apa function toner tu ya? Boleh treat acne tak?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sy tngok ingredient cleanser garden of Eden Rosa t mild cleanser tu mmng Ada sls and fragrance. Sy tk tau why some kta tkda, ke sy slah tngok

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sls dlm GOD tu sodium lauroyl sarcosinate , bkn sodium lauryl sulphate,klau fragrance plk dye berade pade list terakhir which mean kuantiti yg digunakan sgt sedikit so okela sbb smue skincare mmg akn ade chemicals ,cume depends byk ke x

      Delete
  4. Careful if u hve sensitive and fungal avne prone skin ols avoid coconut oil

    ReplyDelete