Tuesday, September 15, 2015

My favourite makeup remover!

Hello everyone!

Like we all already know, removing makeup is a very crucial step in skincare. It is crucial because when you use makeup, sometimes your skin can't breath properly and some makeup formulas can clog our pores. Whether you are using natural and organic makeup, mineral makeup or especially a synthetic origin makeup, it must come off at the end of the day.

Lets face the truth. The most lazy thing that we feel like doing when we get home after a long and tiring day, is removing the thin or thick layer of makeup on our face. It is the struggle that we face almost every night because all that we can think of is laying down in our bed, enjoying our good night sleep. The time that we look forward to every single day.

But, by hook or by crook, we still need to remove our makeup at the end of the day. Why we need to remove our makeup? It is because it will clog our pores, increase the chances of getting blemishes on our skin such as acne, redness, blackheads, and other types of blemishes. We need to let our skin breath. If we don't remove our makeup at the end of the day, it will also make us look older and get more wrinkles.

In addition, removing makeup in the eye area need to be a little more specific than any place else in your face because in the area, your skin is the most vulnerable and sensitive. If you remove your makeup harshly, it can be easily dehydrated. Well, dehydrated skin will is more prone to wrinkles and will lead to premature aging.

There are a few types of makeup remover such as micellar water or also called as cleansing water, makeup wipes, cleansing oil, cleansing balm or also called as cleansing butter, water based makeup remover and oil based makeup remover.

My favourite makeup remover has to be from The Body Shop! I have tried so many makeup removers before but my ultimate favourite is the 'Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter'. The price is RM69. Although it is quite pricey, it is worth every ringgit that I spent. I bought this on March 2015 and up until now I still haven't finished it yet. A little goes a long way. Only a small amount of the product can help me remove my makeup without tugging and pulling my skin that can cause premature aging. Instead of using the regular makeup remover, this solid butter works much like a soap without the harshness. It gently melts away my makeup and any other impurities leaving my skin so soft to the touch. My skin is an acne prone skin so I can't use any makeup remover that will make my skin worse but this makeup remover doesn't break me out and doesn't burn my skin at all. Buying this makeup remover is quite an investment for me but luckily my investment turned out to a great one! The smell is also addictive and doesn't sting my nose. Now, I look forward to remove my makeup at the end of the day because of this.

So, THUMBS UP!


The Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter.






No comments:

Post a Comment